My Support Calculator: Support Calculations and Lawyer Directory

This is a Calculation

Choose whether you wish to calculate child and/or spousal support. Depending on your choice, the calculator will determine child support based on the federal Child Support Guidelines ("CSG") and/or spousal support based on the federal Spousal Support Advisory Guidelines ("SSAG").


Enter the province where you and your spouse each live. This calculator does not handle situations where one or both of you live(s) in Quebec or outside Canada.

Date of Birth
Annual Employment Income

Enter the most current annual gross employment income for you and your spouse. Gross employment income is the amount the individual earns before deductions such as tax, EI and CPP premiums. You will find gross employment income on Line 101 of a T1 General return from the Canada Revenue Agency; or on Box 14 of a T4 Slip from an employer.

If either of you is self-employed or earns income from other sources, you may estimate that income in gross employment dollars, but be aware that the calculation will be based on your estimate and not on your actual situation. You may wish to seek professional advice; most family law professionals have the ability to perform calculations handling other types of income.

Date of Marriage or Pre-marital Cohabitation

Enter the date that you and your spouse married, or began cohabiting, whichever is earliest. This calculation applies federal legislation governing married couples. Provincial legislation governs unmarried or common law couples. While the legislation of each province differs slightly, once a support obligation is found owing, the child and spousal support figures generated by this calculator will be the same for unmarried or common law couples.

Date of Separation

Enter the date that you and your spouse began living separate and apart.

There are dependent children

Enter the number of dependent children of the relationship. A child is generally considered a dependant entitled to child support if the child is:

  • under the age of majority; or
  • over the age of majority but in school full time or ill/disabled, so still dependent.

Calculation engine provided by DivorceMate® Software Inc.,
the choice of family law professionals across Canada.

Need Help?

I need a professional who:
Accepts Legal Aid Certificates
Offers Unbundled Services

Rather than taking on your entire case, some lawyers will provide "unbundled" legal services for a specific part of your case only. For example, you may retain a lawyer for a limited purpose such as: preparing a detailed child and spousal support calculation and analysis; preparing initial court materials; attending at a single court appearance; acting on a single issue throughout your case (eg. support); drafting a separation agreement; etc. This can be a cost-effective way of obtaining legal assistance when it is most needed.

Offers Free Initial Consultations
Hourly rate: to

Fine tune your search
Postal Code:
or City, Prov: ,
Search radius:
Family Law Professionals
The list of family law professionals displayed is random for the professionals within 15 km of the city centre, and thereafter is in order of proximity to the city centre. does not endorse, confirm or represent the expertise or competence of any of the persons listed.
Location: ,

Limitations and Terms of Use | About MSC | Report a Problem/Feedback | Create/Edit Directory Profile